Milvik (BIMA) Philippines Insurance Agency Inc. is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy. We are at the forefront of not only implementing but also complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations, and other relevant government regulations and issuances. This Privacy Statement outlines our data privacy principles and practices. We recommend that you read this Privacy Statement to understand how we collect, use, and process your Personal Data.
Why does BIMA collect and process your Personal Data?
BIMA collects only the personal data needed to effectively serve you and carry out our business operations. We may collect, use, and process your personal data for the following purposes:
If you are a BIMA potential and existing customer, we may collect, use, and process your personal data to:
provide relevant information about our products and services;
• conduct appropriate processing for insurance application;
• prepare and execute the necessary agreement to cover the transaction;
• conduct due diligence prior to executing a contract, and to facilitate the fulfillment of the terms of the
• document and manage BIMA records;
• market, promote, cross-sell, or upsell BIMA products and services;
• respond to your queries, complaints, and requests;
• update our records and keep your contact details up-to-date;
• conduct research and analysis to improve our customer service and the business, in general;
• maintain security;
• communicate any advisories, changes, and other information; and
• to comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements or obligations
If you are a BIMA job applicant or employee, we may collect, use, and process your personal data to:
• assess your qualification for the job and retain your personal data for a maximum of 2 years for future job opportunities.
• communicate with you about the status of your employment application;
• when hired, process your personal data as may be necessary for purposes such as, but not limited to, payroll,
benefits application, allowances and refunds processing, tax processing, retirement benefits, and other purposes
that may demand or require processing of your personal data;
• while employed, evaluate your performance and career development;
• upon separation, process your personal data for the exit interview and to prepare your final pay;
• provide assistance to, and account for, employees in case of emergency; and
• perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required in the course of BIMA’s business or under law or
If you are a BIMA supplier/vendor, or potential supplier/vendor, we may collect, use, and process your personal data to:
• conduct the appropriate due diligence checks;
• evaluate your proposal, including your technical, financial, and operational capacity;
• assess the viability of your proposal and process your accreditation;
• communicate any decision on such proposal; and
• perform any other actions as may be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our contract
If you are a visitor of BIMA premises, we may collect, use, and process your personal data to:
• grant access to our premise; and
• maintain the security within our premises
If you are a visitor of BIMA company website, we may collect, use, or process personal data to:
• further process and respond on the request of the data subject
• identify the data subject to properly send the requests
• conduct research and analysis to improve customer experience;
• help keep the site safe and secure;
• track bugs, investigate security or data breach, and determine usage statistics.
What Personal Data does BIMA collect?
Personal Data may include any of the following, among others:
• Full name;
• Email address;
• Mobile number;
• Other contact details;
• Home address;
• IP address; and/or any information relevant to the request or transaction you have made or feedback you have
Further transactions with us may require the processing of your other Personal Data, such as but not limited to the following:
• Name and other information of your beneficiary;
• Pertinent documents for insurance processing;
• Employment history
• Sensitive personal information, such as age, nationality, marital status, gender, health, education, and government-
issued identification documents;
• Character reference
How does BIMA collect your Personal Data?
When BIMA communicate or transact with you, we may ask you pertinent information through phone call, email, SMS, application form, and any other relevant and necessary channels and forms.
BIMA may also get your data from a third party provider, where a Data Sharing Agreement has been relevantly executed, and that your consent to process your Personal Data for purposes mentioned above have been specified.
You may accept or decline to receive cookies by modifying them on your browser setting. However, by choosing to block these cookies, you may not be able to fully utilize the features of our website.
Where does BIMA store your Personal Data?
Your personal data is controlled under the custody of Milvik (BIMA) Philippines Insurance Agency Inc., a company registered under Philippine laws, whose principal office is at W-513 Philippine Stock Exchange Center, Exchange Road, Ortigas, Pasig City, Philippines 1605.
How long does BIMA retain your Personal Data?
BIMA will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice and communicated to you, unless a longer period is allowed or required by law.
To whom does BIMA disclose your Personal Data?
BIMA will not disclose your personal data to third parties without your consent. It may however share your personal data to its other business unit and global offices. In such cases, your personal data will be used in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected and to which you consented, and the Data Privacy Act, its IRR, and all relevant regulations and issuances on privacy and data protection.
We may also share your personal data with third parties who perform services for us. Under such circumstances, we require our service providers to limit the use of the personal data we share with them in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected and to which you consented, and the Data Privacy Act, its IRR, and all relevant regulations and issuances on privacy and data protection. Our service providers will not process your personal data for any other purpose that what we have agreed with them, substantiated with an Outsourcing Agreement or Data Sharing Agreement to ensure data protection.
We may also share your personal data to unrelated third parties, upon your request, when we are legally required to do so, or when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property, safety, and those of other individuals. Nevertheless, we will take all the necessary steps to protect and secure your personal data.
What can you do in order to exercise your privacy rights?
BIMA respects your fundamental rights of privacy. As provided under the Data Privacy Act, you may exercise your privacy rights in connection with the processing of your personal data. To exercise said rights, you may accomplish a Data Privacy Right Form by requesting a copy of the form to BIMA’s Data Protection Officer, indicating therein the right you wish to exercise with respect to your personal data, and transmit the accomplished form trough the contact information provided below of this Privacy Notice
For inquiries and complaints related to data privacy and processing of personal information, you may send an email to our Data Protection Officer at